Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Norah Jayne | 21 Months


She is growing! She is 21 months and counting...

Some cuteness/highlights from this month:

7/16/12 No diaper can withstand Norah's formidable circumventing prowess. Enough said.

7/25/12 
Norah Jayne said her first prayer over dinner tonight. 
She said, 
"Tink Ew, Jeez, AMEN!" 
(For those of you that don't speak toddler, roughly translated, she said, "Thank you Jesus, Amen!')

7/30/12 
I tucked Norah in and I said, "I love you!" 
She smiled up at me and said, "I love loo!" 
This is the first time she's said it to me unprompted. 
Makes the WHOLE day worth getting out of bed for. ❤


First pig-tails! Finally has enough hair to work with. :)


She loves her books. In the picture below she is looking The Napping House.
She also loves her stuffed animals. Her favorite is Wralph Wrinkles (pictured below).

Nana Freeman gave this sweet little table and chair set to Norah Jayne. Norah enjoys eating her lunch here. Her favorite foods are oatmeal, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, turkey, bananas, strawberries, mandarin oranges, carrots, crackers and milk. Her least favorite food is cheese.

She loves playing in the sink with soap and water. She is mesmerized by the bubbles. I love seeing these simple things through her eyes. It helps me remember to find joy in simple things.

As much as Miss Norah loves her books, she also has a habit of tearing the pages which makes mommy very sad. We have had to scotch tape many, many pages. I have resorted to hiding the books with "real" pages until she is a little older. 


This month Norah Jayne moved from her crib to a toddler bed. 
She is so excited about her big girl bed. ♥ It is a VERY cozy bed... 



The bed is actually an antique baby crib that converts into a toddler bed. My mom found it at an antique shop in Kansas and snatched it up! Here are pictures of it when it was in Norah's baby nursery...



I have always wanted to to do a silhouette of Norah Jayne. 
So, I got busy and got 'er done. 
I love it. 
I was going to print these out and hang them on the wall above her bed, but I decided to do something else there. 
I still have not decided what I am going to do with these yet, but at least they are done and I have marked one thing off of my to do list. 
This summer we really enjoyed visiting the newly renovated Washington Park here in Cincinnati. As you can see, it is right across the road from the Cincinnati Music Hall. The water fountains are refreshing and so much fun for the kids. 

This was Norah's first time, so she was tentative, but with daddy's help she managed to have a good time! 








 Watching the big kids play...


 Gotcha!

 Love her!

Love them both!

No comments:

Share It:

Pin It button on image hover