Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Score!

 First I want to make it clear that I am not bragging, I am celebrating 

Ok, ok! To be honest there is a small part of me that has wanted to take a picture of groceries that I was able to procure at a fraction of the cost so that I could join the ranks of all you other "Nifty Thriftys"

Recently, I started couponing and playing the drug store "game" at CVS in an effort to save money.
I won't lie it is not for the faint of heart, but so far I think it has been worth the effort.
I am still a newbie and I am learning all kinds of things- but after a haul like today, I feel like the QUEEN of COUPONS!

(Which, if you followed me around the grocery store for very long you would come to find is a gross overstatement...)

All this you see... (right arm extended in a grand sweeping gesture)... was obtained for $5.13 at CVS this very day...(Head bowed in false humility.)


The best part is that it they are all things we use:
  • 1 Body soap
  • 5 Dish soaps
  • 2 Toothpastes
  • 1 Hair Gel
  • 2 Boxes of Cheez-its
  • 1 Tube of Tylenol Cream for sore joints
  • 10 Packages of Baby Wipes (72 count each)
  • 1 Pack of Hershey's Bliss Dark Chocolate - (Of course dark chocolate is a necessity!)

You may ask, "How?"

The answer: by using coupons and ECBs (Extra Care Bucks).
Check out this link for more information if you are interested!






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Theresa said...

This is great Jodi! Can you believe that Wichita does NOT have any CVS stores???

Megan Crawford said...

I can see it now...Jodi on TLC's Extreme Couponing show! hehe I need to start doing this--been looking into it for awhile so thanks for the link!

Share It:

Pin It button on image hover