Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lullabies

I am awake and dreaming of sleep. 
It is a luxury.
What do I want for Christmas?
Sleep.
It doesn't even require gift wrap..
Maybe that is why I was inspired to create these collages featuring some better known lullabies and (of course) little Norah Jayne.

Doesn't she look peaceful?

 

Day is Done

 "Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well, safely rest;
God is nigh. "



Brahms' Lullaby

"Lullaby and good night, with roses bedight
With lilies o'er spread is baby's wee bed
Lay thee down now and rest, may thy slumber be blessed
Lay thee down now and rest, may thy slumber be blessed

Lullaby and good night, thy mother's delight
Bright angels beside my darling abide
They will guard thee at rest, thou shalt wake on my breast
They will guard thee at rest, thou shalt wake on my breast "


Golden Slumbers

"Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
Smiles await you when you rise.
Sleep,
pretty baby,
Do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.

Cares you know not,
Therefore sleep,
While over you a watch I'll keep.
Sleep,
pretty darling,
Do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby."



I should be in bed...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This are the most beautiful pics of Norah. You are such a great photographer.


Papaw

sarahmfry said...

Those are beautiful! She is beautiful and you are beautiful and your blog is beautiful.

This is my first time to catch up since your Norah has arrived. I cannot believe how much she looks like you. How happy.

Wishing you lots of sleep,nerves of steel, and a nice dinner out with your man.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and calming...makes me wish I were sleeping.
Nana F

Share It:

Pin It button on image hover